Work with us
Want to work with leading experts in the field of reproductive health, improving the lives of women around the world through research, training and advocacy? Join us! Below are the current job opportunities at the UCSF Bixby Center. For details on qualifications and requirements, click to see the full job descriptions. To apply for faculty positions, use the UCSF AP Recruit portal. To apply for staff positions, use the UCSF Careers portal.
Current job opportunities
- Contraceptive Training Specialist, Beyond the Pill. The Beyond the Pill Program at the UCSF Bixby Center for Global Reproductive Health has an opening for a Contraceptive Training Specialist to lead trainings for health care providers and to plan and implement health education and training activities. This position is part of Beyond the Pill’s training team and contributes to its national program to promote contraceptive access and reproductive autonomy.
- Contraceptive Training Specialist—Part-Time Consultant, Beyond the Pill. The Beyond the Pill Program at the UCSF Bixby Center for Global Reproductive Health has an opening for a part-time consultant Contraceptive Training Specialist to lead trainings for health care providers and to plan and implement health education and training activities. This position is part of Beyond the Pill’s training team and contributes to its national program to promote contraceptive access and reproductive autonomy.
- Administrative and Program Coordinator, ANSIRH. Applies professional concepts to conduct analytical studies or projects of moderate scope and complexity to address a variety of policy, research and procedural issues. Fully analyzes issues and problems, gathers data and information, finds and evaluates alternatives and makes sound recommendations. This position serves as the Administrative and Program Coordinator for the Alternative Provision of Medication Abortion Project, Advancing New Standards in Reproductive Health (ANSIRH).
- Social Work Associate, Women's Options Center. Under the supervision of the Counseling & Administrative Manager, the Social Work Associate (SWA), located in the Women’s Options Center (WOC) at Zuckerberg San Francisco General (ZSFG), plays a key role in the success of the clinic.
- Program Analyst, Beyond the Pill. The Program Analyst provides programmatic, research, and administrative support for the Beyond the Pill Program at the UCSF Bixby Center for Global Reproductive Health Zuckerberg San Francisco General (ZSFG) Division in the Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductive Sciences (OB/GYN & RS). This position is part of Beyond the Pill’s operations team and supports its national program to promote contraceptive access and reproductive autonomy through innovative training, education, and research.
- Faculty Position, Reproductive Health. The Bixby Center for Global Reproductive Health at the University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) is seeking faculty members with expertise in quantitative reproductive health research. We are particularly interested in researchers with experience in contraception and HIV prevention, social networking, health economics, health services research and/or program evaluation. We seek social scientists (PhD or DPrH) with extensive experience and a distinguished publication record. This is a soft money position; successful candidates need to have full funding for three years. Academic rank and track will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
How to apply
To apply for a staff position, go to the UCSF Careers portal, click on “Search openings” and find the position by entering the program name or position title in the keyword box. If you have not used the UCSF Careers website before, you will need to create a user account to submit an application. This guide describes the steps to apply.
To apply for a faculty position, go to the UCSF AP Recruit portal and enter the position title in the search box. If you have not used AP Recruit before, you will need to create a user account to submit an application. This guide describes the steps to apply.
To find the salary range for staff a position, first find the four-digit Job Code on the UCSF Careers portal posting. Then use the Title and Pay Plan Search to see the range. A second way learn about salary ranges is to search for the job title in the UCOP Annual Wage directory. Copy the abbreviated title from the Title Details section of the Title and Pay Plan Search. Use it to find the annual wages of all people with that title in UCSF or across all UC campuses. Please note that this database shows actual annual wages rather than annual salaries, so people whose annual salary was less than the minimum in the Title and Pay Plan Search were part-time.
To find the salary range for a faculty position, see the Academic Salary Scales for the Health Sciences published annually by UCOP. Rank may be described in the job description on AP Recruit or may be dependent on qualifications and experience. Step depends on qualifications and experience. Scale is determined by the Department or Academic Program Unit. Please note that the UCOP Health Sciences scales are a general resource and UCSF Schools and Departments maintain their own compensation plans.
Our commitment to equal opportunity
The University of California, San Francisco, is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Further information about the University of California, San Francisco, is available at diversity.ucsf.edu. UCSF seeks candidates whose skills, and personal and professional experience, have prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence, and the communities we serve.