Program Manager, Team Lily and HIVE
Cynthia Gutierrez is an award winning first-generation Nicaraguan Salvadoran reproductive justice organizer, birth worker, and cultural strategist. Cynthia is passionate about the intersection of reproductive justice, race, and documenting the ways women of color have resisted and healed from harm done towards their reproductive autonomy. She has a decade of social justice community work experience within the Bay Area.
She is currently the Program Manager for the University of California, San Francisco HIVE and Team Lily programs. She is on the Board of Directors for ACCESS Women's Health Justice and the California Coalition for Reproductive Freedom.
- University of California, Santa Cruz, BA in Sociology
In the news:
- Envisioning systems where families are supported, not policed (op-ed) | Prism
- A letter to a pregnant person during COVID-19 (op-ed) | Culturas
- Women of color speak out against the whitewashing of reproductive justice | Elle Magazine
- Pilot program provides doulas free of charge to underserved mothers of color | El Tecolote