JOB ANNOUNCEMENT – CALIFORNIA
Title: California Chlamydia Action Coalition Director / Managed Care and Primary Care Liaison
Location: Sexually Transmitted Disease (STD) Control Branch, California Department of Public Health, Richmond, CA
Date: Posted May 16th, 2011; Open until filled.
Hours and Duration of position: Full-time, M-F, 8am-5pm.
Salary: University of California San Francisco Analyst IV salary range $4,925-8,683 monthly
The STD Control Branch is looking for an individual to play a leadership role in helping to reduce the incidence and prevalence of chlamydia and other STDs in California through leveraging partnerships with healthcare organizations, including managed care, Medi-Cal, federally-funded community health centers, and other primary/preventive care stakeholders. This position will help integrate STD clinical preventive services into primary care clinical settings statewide and identify and pursue opportunities for STD prevention in the implementation of healthcare reform in California.
Additionally, this position will serve as the Director of the California Chlamydia Action Coalition (CCAC) and take the lead in convening stakeholders, coordinating CCAC activities across subcommittees, and developing quality improvement initiatives for STD preventive services in primary care settings. This position also will be responsible for coordinating program collaboration and service integration (PCSI) activities across the Branch.
This position will serve as Unit Chief within the Program Development and Evaluation Section, which is comprised of an experienced dynamic group of public health professionals, including physicians, epidemiologists, project coordinators, evaluation experts, and research assistants.
Required Education, Experience, Skills and Knowledge:
- Master’s or Doctoral degree in Public Health, Public Policy, or a related field;
- At least 2 years of experience working in the field of healthcare service delivery, health policy, healthcare financing, health service evaluation, managed care clinical policy development, or a related field;
- Knowledge and experience in healthcare systems, including financing mechanisms; approaches to developing, promoting and enforcing clinical policy decisions; and methods of reimbursement for preventive services; understanding of the science behind national guidelines for clinical preventive services and familiarity with methods of monitoring adherence to guidelines, including HEDIS measures; knowledge of healthcare reform in order to identify and take advantage of opportunities to integrate STD clinical services into primary care; knowledge of healthcare organization structures, including the various forms of managed care, and an understanding of how preventive health issues are addressed in primary care settings;
- Knowledge of Program Collaboration and Service Integration efforts at the national level and how these efforts can be implemented at the state and local levels;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, group facilitation, diplomacy, and negotiation skills;
- Ability to independently work on multiple tasks and projects simultaneously;
- Proficiency with Microsoft applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint
Preferred Education, Experience, Skills and Knowledge:
- Knowledge of facilitators and barriers of healthcare providers’ adherence to STD screening, timely treatment, and partner services guidelines;
- Knowledge of public health and STDs, including an understanding of surveillance and epidemiology, primary prevention, health education, and clinical care.
Directions for applying to this position:
Candidates interested in applying for this position are requested to submit a complete resume/CV and a cover letter explaining why you are interested in the job and how your qualifications meet the job requirements via the UCSF Careers website at: http://ucsfhr.ucsf.edu/careers/. Click on ‘Search openings’ and enter in 35494BR under the ‘Req number’ variable field to access the position posting. For technical problems, please call the UCSF Campus Human Resources department at (415) 476-1645 and press “0” to speak with an attendant.
Questions about the position can be directed to Lindsey Apodaca, Personnel Liaison: